Henna, is a dye prepared from the mignonette or ‘Henna’ tree. This long standing staple of South Western Asian culture has been used for hundreds of years as a form of temporary dye. This natural pigment is phenomenal for dying eyebrows, and is an integral product within salons across the world. Once applied, Henna colours the hair of your eyebrows as well as the skin beneath, creating a gorgeous tint that will last on skin for 4-10 days, and on hair for up to 4 weeks.
Prior to applying the dye, our brow expert will sculpt your eyebrows into the shape that you desire. After this, you need only to relax while the Henna is brushed on and allowed to work its magic. The difference that this quick and painless procedure can make is astounding, and it is ideal for anyone who are tired of having to re-apply makeup on a continual basis.
If you are planning on stopping by our studio for this beautifying procedure, make sure you are prepared by following these steps, or results may vary:
- Arrive at the appointment with your eyebrows free of any makeup
- Avoid tanning beds or lengthy periods of time in the sun in the two weeks preceding your appointment
- Stop using hair removal treatments three days before (and after) the procedure
- If you are taking Accutane, be sure to stop using it at least six months before you have your eyebrows treated
- Chemical peels should be avoided for at least two weeks prior
- While Henna is plant based, there is a chance that you may be allergic. If this is a concern, inquire with us about how we can give you a sample product for a patch test – this way you can determine whether your body has an aversion or not
Think you are ready for a new you, using old techniques? Well, don’t hesitate to reach out to Maryam Collahi Studio. Book your appointment today with one of our talented beauticians and see how Henna Eyebrows can make a world of difference. All Henna brows include consultation, brow shaping, brow mapping and clean up.