Winters are fun – but not for your skin. Cold weather and the low humidity levels make the air dry and all this steals the moisture away from your skin every second of the day. If proper care is not taken, dry skin can lead to cracking and bleeding. The harsh winter winds can amplify your skin problems. Additionally, the indoor heating systems rob the air of its moisture. Further, hot showers and baths as well as harsh cleansers take a toll on your skin. To combat these effects and keep your skin looking youthful and smooth, you need to do more than mere moisturizing. Here are a few tips to reduce chapping, redness, itching and keep the skin healthy and youthful this winter:
Lukewarm water is the trick: Even though hot showers feel good in winter, choose lukewarm water to avoid stripping oil from your skin.
Moisturize immediately: Your skin needs to be moisturized immediately after you wash it. It seals the dampness into the skin.
Choose your moisturizer carefully: Some of the over the counter moisturizers have petroleum based ingredients that can further dry the skin. Choose moisturizers that have natural nourishing ingredients. Go for oil based rather than water based solutions. It will help your skin retain moisture.
Protect: Wear gloves and scarves to protect your skin from cold wind, rain and snow. Don’t forget the sunscreen – winter sun could be as damaging as the summer sun!
Humidify: Consider installing a humidifier in your home. This prevents the dry air from affecting your skin.
Drink: We tend to turn to hot drinks like cocoa and tea during winter – but your skin needs its regular hydration that can be achieved only by drinking lots of water.
Overnight moisturize: Especially at night, use a moisturizer and wear cotton gloves and socks to seal the moisturizer till morning.
Exfoliate: An exfoliating mask is good for the winters. Apply it liberally on your face and hands as well as gently on your lips. You must follow immediately with moisture and truly see a smoother difference. Exfoliating body washes could also be useful.
Hydrate from the inside out: It’s a good idea to eat foods that are high in water content. These kinds of food hydrate your skin from the inside out. Watermelon, cantaloupe, apples, oranges, kiwi, and watery veggies like celery, tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, and carrots. Along with this, ensure that you’re getting enough vitamin C and zinc to support the healthy production of collagen and elastin.
Check your cleanser: After cleansing, make sure that you don’t leave the skin naked for more than 30 seconds, as this can dehydrate it, leading to increased dryness. Apply a hydrating toner and moisturizer that appropriately seals in moisture.
Other than all of the above, homemade hydrating masks can provide you with the much needed moisture in the winter months. Use natural moisturizing ingredients like honey, avocado, yogurt, olive and jojoba oils, almond oil, bananas, and aloe.
Mix what you like together to create a cream or paste, and leave on skin for 10-30 minutes for lasting hydration.
Winters are fun – If your skin enjoys them too!
Maryam Collahi is a Vancouver makeup artist and eyebrow specialist offering eyebrows threading, permanent makeup, HD eyebrows & bridal makeup services.
Image Credit: https://goo.gl/HiQ6Lg
The key to a glowing flawless makeup starts with a glowing flawless skin! Well cared for skin radiates freshness and beauty naturally and makeup can work wonders to make it look more glamorous! Skin care is something that needs constant and consistent efforts. It’s not something that can be magically repaired within a few minutes in a beauty studio. Every day, in every way, you must care for your skin so that it looks ‘alive’ and fresh.
Here are a few tips to care for your skin on a daily basis:
• It’s important to take ALL of your makeup off before you go to bed.
• Use a night cream for a clear and glowing skin.
• Use a facemask at least once a week for radiance.
• Minimize facial hair with threading.
Our Power Hyaluronic line from Syendor will change your life forever!
HA DYNAMIC PROFESSIONAL TREATMENT:
This treatment consists of the following products:
• HA Intensive Concentrate .5%: This is an intensive concentrate for hydrating skin in depth. Contains an extremely high concentration of hyaluronic acid with a low molecular weight and is known to moisturize the deepest layers of the skin.
• Aquaporin Massage Gel: This is a non oily moisturizing gel for facial massage.
• HA Ultra Hydrating Gel 0.25%: this is a moisturizing gel which creates a protective layer that helps hydrate and condition the skin’s surface.
• Polarised Water: allows larger quantity of molecular water to be packed in a smaller space.
• Selenite Stones: Selenite stones are used to gently massage the skin with relaxing strokes.
INTENSIVE MOISTURISING EMULSION 0.25%: Facial moisturizing cream
INTENSIVE MOISTURISING CREAM (DRY TO VERY DRY SKINS): Is a 100% ultra moisturizing cream that has the capacity to provide 24 hour continuous hydration.
INTENSIVE MOISTURISING EMULSION (NORMAL TO COMBINATION SKINS): This moisturizing cream improves the appearance of wrinkles caused by dehydration.
MOISTURISING BOOSTER (A HIGH PERFORMANCE BOOSTER TREATMENT): This is a 100% ultramoisturizing serum for 24 hours continuous hydration.
DEEP MOISTURISING MASK: This mask improves hydration, and leaves skin comfortable and soft.
You can shop for all this products in store at – Maryam Collahi’s Studio!
Source: https://goo.gl/o41cxN , https://goo.gl/RjPHZq
Makeup and beauty care could be overwhelming - unless you know and understand the little things that matter. Whether you are a beginner who struggles with the foundation or someone with experience in applying makeup, here are a few things about beautiful makeup that every woman should know!
1. Never apply foundation or a concealer as a base for your eyelids. It will definitely cause your makeup to crease.
2. Applying foundation with fingers provides sheer coverage and if you want medium to full coverage, use a brush.
3. Even out your skin tone with a bronzer and make sure that you apply it to your neck, face and chest.
4. When applying blush, make sure that you smile and then start applying on the apple of the cheek.
5. Always ensure that you apply your eyebrow pencil to the upper portion of your eyebrows to give them the right lift.
6. The lipstick must not be too defined at the top corner of the lift. Apply lipstick carefully and never miss the edges.
7. For eye shadows, make sure that the base shadow does not have any shimmer. It should also match the lightest skin tone. Apply darker shadows and blend them properly as you go towards the end of the eye lids.
8. Whenever you apply mascara, make sure that you apply it with slow, even strokes. Start at the root of the lash and go towards the tips with slow strokes.’
Finally, make sure that you patiently apply makeup and never hurry through it. After all, doing it all over again is going to be a daunting task!
Maryam Collahi is a professional Vancouver makeup artist and eyebrow specialist. She has more than 20 years of experience in the beauty industry.